Kimpton Kawana Bay and Grenada CBI – the perfect combination
Kimpton Kawana Bay is a new, 5-star luxury resort in Grenada, located at the southern end of the Caribbean chain of Islands known as the Windward Islands. The resort is ideally positioned on Grand Anse Beach, voted by Condé Nast Traveller as one of the world’s best beaches.
Title deeded studios and suites are for sale from only US$220,000 through Grenada’s acclaimed Citizenship by Investment programme.
Once open, the resort will be operated by an internationally recognised hotel brand – Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, part of IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), one of the largest hotel groups in the world.
Kimpton Kawana Bay offers hassle-free ownership with no annual out of pocket fees. There is good potential for rental income through the operator’s transparent hotel rental management programme and personal accommodation usage of up to two weeks each year.
The hotel will feature an infinity edge pool overlooking Grand Anse Beach, state-of-the-art gym and spa facilities, exquisite fine dining restaurant, rooftop bar, beach bar, lounge with terrace, and water sports facilities.
Grenada offers one of the world’s top-ranked Citizenship by Investment (CBI) programmes, which allows individuals and their families to invest and obtain citizenship and permanent residency in Grenada.
Grenada CBI benefits
- Citizenships are processed fast – approximately 60-90 days
- Government citizenship fees for families are low – for a family of four, the main Government fee is just US$50,000 plus minor government due diligence and processing fees
- No interview, education, language test or management experience is required
- No residency requirements and dual citizenship is permitted
- Grenadian citizenship offers visa free travel to more than 140 countries including China, Russia, the Schengen States, UK and Singapore
- Grenada has source-based taxation: tax residents are not subject to Grenadian tax on their worldwide income, wealth, gift, inheritance or capital gains
- Unmarried dependent siblings of the Principal Applicant and his/her spouse can be included, as well as unmarried children under the age of 30 and dependent parents & grandparents under the age of 55
- Ability to sell after 5 years and secondary purchasers of Real Estate can qualify for CBI
- New citizens who take up residence, after one year can benefit from up to 90% discount for undergrad courses at St. George’s University
- Grenada is an E-2 visa treaty country with the USA, meaning approved applicants can live in the US with their families
USA E-2 Investor Visa
The E-2 investor visa allows a successful applicant to enter and work in the USA based on an investment they control there. The investment must be “substantial” with no set minimum. E-2 investor visas are available only to citizens of certain countries that have a bilateral investor visa treaty with the USA.
- Grenada is the only country in the Caribbean that has an active CBI programme and whose citizens are eligible for the USA E-2 Investor Visa
- If granted, the visa is valid for 5 years, and can be renewed without limit, provided that the underlying investment still qualifies
- Application directly at a US consulate
- Spouse of E-2 applicant has open market employment opportunity
- Children (under the age of 21) of E-2 applicant can attend school in the USA and are eligible for in-state tuition, in most states
- Processing time for E-2 visa is usually two months or less
- E-2 applicant and family members can spend as much or as little time in the US as they wish
- E-2 visa holders can reside in the US while their permanent residence (EB-5) applications are pending
Citizenship by Investment at Kimpton Kawana Bay is fast, financially sound, and provides global access opportunities that other CBI programmes around the world simply cannot rival.